"The mission of HyperLearning Technologies, Inc. is to deliver the highest quality technology training leading to industry recognized certification."
HyperLearning was founded by two brothers, Roger and George Geyer in January of 1995 and incorporated in March of that year. The Company was one of the first companies to become a Microsoft Solution Provider and has been a Solution Provider or Gold Certified Partner since its inception to the present time. Both Roger and George are active in the company, however, George is more active as Roger, having received a PhD in Instructional Technology from the University of Virginia in June 2008, has taken a position as Associate Professor with American University of Iraq.
At the time the company was founded, Roger was already a technology specialist and was one of the first Microsoft Certified Professionals. In August of 1995, Roger was a presenter in Redmond, Washington for the launching Windows 95. He gave a presentation on how the Windows 95 desktop would effect K-12 education. George was a Marine Engineer having held senior positions in Engineering, Project Management and General Management prior to co-founding HyperLearning.
HyperLearning’s early history ranged from training computer buyers on how to use their first computer to training professionals requiring advanced skills with applications and operating systems. HyperLearning held contracts with the regional Circuit City and Office Max stores to provide basic computer training to purchasers of new computers.
The Company now focuses on technology training leading to industry-recognized certifications. Programs include Microsoft, CompTIA, Cisco, Project Management Professional, EC Council, Security and Healthcare Information Management training leading to industry-recognized certifications. HyperLearning’s owners lead the way to certification preparation training by themselves becoming MCTS, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCSD, SCNP, CISSP, and CCNA certified. Both Roger and George, co-owners of HyperLearning, are certified trainers or instructors.
- Partners with Tidewater Community College, Workforce Development to offer Microsoft and Cisco certificate-level training
- Has conducted train-the-trainer courses for the Community College System regional and statewide technology staff.
- Is a Workforce Investment Act contractor offering technology training to displaced workers in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Provides courses approved for Veterans Education Benefits by the Virginia Department of Veterans Affairs and
- Is certified by the State Council of Higher Education of Virginia to operate in the state of Virginia.